Re: TNT coverage

DJessen33 wrote:

> I liked how Hubie Brown said he ran the press for 48 minutes first in the 70's
> with the Atlanta Hawks. Well, I don't remember that but I always get him mixed
> up with Kevin Lougherty. He said he had the youngest team in the league that
> year also. Him and Stockton then asked why Pitino would even think about
> playing this style implying that it wasn't going to work longterm. Brown kept
> pointing out it was 4 games in 5 nights and topped it off by saying that
> really THE CELTICS WERE REALLY ONLY WALKER AND A BUNCH OF BACKUPS!!!!!!!

I didn't take it as harsh as you did.  I think Hubie was merely pointing
out that it takes a strict decipline and young players to continue to do
this and do it successfully.  And really, as of Today, all we do have is
Walker and a bunch of backups.  Now granted that Mercer will be a star
and Billups has some potential.  But the rest are average players with
average talent.  RP is the best ever to get the most out of his players
while hiding their weaknesses.  Merry Christmas to all.  Troy