Re: Celts Charlotte

><<       Can you believe the woman Cheryl Miller I think on TNT, asked the
> Knicks coach Van Gundy if in fact the team is better without Ewing. Is she
> NUTS. Women in sports at this level show their vulnerability.  >>
>
>i personally think that losing a good player can actually help a ball club
>since it forces other players to step up and play better since they can't
>depend on one guy to make all their plays.  in the long run i think the knicks
>will be better for this.  and what does "Women in sports at this level show
>their vulnerability" mean?

I have to agree that it was a rather mindless question to ask, if indeed it
was asked and phrased that way.  No way is anybody going to think the
Knicks are better without Ewing.  If so, they'd have had him on the bench.
As for that being indicative of what women know about sports, I'd have to
disagree.  This was just a dumb question, and I've heard worse from male
sportscasters. Cheryl Miller knows enough about the NBA to know that Ewing
is an integral part of the Knicks.  She might not be a great reporter, but
I think its silly to say its because she is a woman.

Matt