Re: NBA Dumps Dunk Contest

Yes the dunk contest lost its luster but I do believe they could have
dusted it off and made it marquee once again. First make sure the top
stars were participants as they were in the first years, add $$ bonuses
for degrees of difficulties, height above the rim and originality etc.
etc. Have a designated charity connected to each player and make them
the recipients of all the moolah earned by the contestants.This is a
stretch but even include a retired (In condition!!) ex NBA Dunker to
participate to generate the "underdog lover" interest for one have zero
interest in the WNBA and I honestly tried last year by going to a few
games of the home team "Phoenix Mercury" and watching some TV tilts
.but, the game is boring and mind numbingly slow to me.I applaud them
though as it is brilliant advertising using this crossover and could
bring in some new fans but it will also turn off the "traditionalist
types" that just hate the idea of 'Girl Basketball'.Local chat has KJ
and Michele Timms as the Phoenix team FYI. I would love to see a one on
one or two on two contest with players from either teams or conferences.
The possibilities are endless but you know money talks and B.S. walks!!
Just my thoughts and YMMV!! Later.Mike