Re: NBA Dumps Dunk Contest

>New York, NY  -  The  National  Basketball  Association  has
>announced  a  change  for the 1998 NBA All-Star Game at Madison Square
>Garden, as the Nestle Crunch All-Star 2ball  event  will  replace  the
>Slam Dunk Contest.

Getting rid of the dunk contest is long overdue.  That has been boring for
years.  I'd rather have seen either a one on one contest, or better, 2 on 2
with two players from the same team.  That second one seems like it would
be a lot of fun--Jordan/Pippen (maybe not this year), Stockton/Malone,
Barkley/Drexler.  Who could the Celtics send?  Walker and...?  Mercer?
Anyway, I can certainly understand the NBA's desire to promote their
women's league, and this is a great opportunity for them to do that.

Matt