RE: PGs Play

I have never heard that Billups had any attitude problems.  I belkieve it
was his poor performance & lost look on the court.

-----Original Message-----
From:	Starke R. Farrell [SMTP:sfarrell@dixie-net.com]
Sent:	Saturday, December 13, 1997 11:09 AM
To:	celtics@igtc.COM
Subject:	Re: PGs Play

> I would be one of those naysayers though admitting he has seemed to >look
a little more comfortable on the court,  I still don't see what >made him a
#3 pick.

Athleticism, size, potential, and scoring ability.......(in other words,
upside made Billups a #3 pick.....if we didn't take him he would have
gone at 4 or 5).

Pitino's problems with Billups were not with his skills, which Rick knew
needed work.  Billups' problem was attitude, not wanting to do what
Pitino told him. Billups is starting to be more cooperative and
receptive to criticism, hence, more playing time.