Re: Yawning Billups

On Sun, 30 Nov 1997 DJessen33@aol.com wrote:

 In the second half, Tommy was talking about him and the cameras showed him at the
> end of the bench, yawning. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
> In a close game or almost any game, this is unacceptable. This guy has
> obviously turned off Pitino.

I'll bet you've never yawned while you were at work right?  Because the
camera caught him yawning when he was sitting on the bench, you feel his
behaviour is unacceptable.  I think that's a little too much of a stretch.

  When Hardaway pulled him aside earlier this year and told him to stick
to his game, he must have came to the conclusion that Pitino is the
problem, not him.

You may think that's the case but I disagree.  He's gone public with how
he knows that he must make changes in his game, like staying on his feet
and penetrating and dishing.  He knows he isn't perfect and I find his
attitude is refreshing.  Hardaway's message may also have been to the
point of not getting too discouraged because his time will come.

At this point, I say TRADE HIM before there is a thing and his value
> decreases....

I say keep him because his value is most certainly increasing.

Cecil