Re: Yawning Billups

DJessen33@aol.com wrote:

> In tonight's game, when Billups was put in, he again couldn't hit the wing
> man for the pass to set up the offense so he dribbled over to try to create
> something for himself. A couple of minutes later on the break, he pulls up on
> the run for a clanger three miss. He was pulled shortly thereafter.

> this point, I say TRADE HIM before there is a thing and his value
> decreases....
I have been one of the give Billups a chance Brigade but I have to admit
I am starting to lose faith. I involuntarily cringe when he puts up a
shot or tries to drive to the hoop. i am torn between being patient or
trading him while he is still has maximum trade value. i wish Tyus was
just a few inches taller as he can make things happen but gets stuffed
by most bigger players.I must say overall I love to watch the Celts
games again due to the new system! I and other  displaced New Englanders
here in Arizona get together to watch every game unlike last year where
I had to trick friends into watching the ML train wreck. All the games
in this young season have been fun to watch with the exception of the
second half of the Lakers game. i have noticed that more Celts fans are
once again coming to the Sports bar here in Tempe (McDuffy's) due to the
buzz this hard working team is generating. I always sport a New England
teams chapeau in my travels and while the Celts Hat still is greeted
with derision by some (Jealousy of our storied franchise)I get more
thumbs up or great hat!! I was lucky as a kid as my family went to all
Celts games and I got to see a ton of games starting with the Cousy
Russell led teams through the Bird years. Spoiled by excellence and the
seeming loss of our Leprechaun I still rooted for the C's but as we all
know it was at best humbling. I remember the feeling when teams that
couldn't beat us on our worst days were beating us AT HOME!! Hell i
dreaded us playing the Knicks as they have had our number for the past 7
years or so and losing ANY games to New York area teams is still
abhorent to this diehard! Well I could ramble on but my point is ain't
it great to see light at the end of the tunnel..finally!! We get
entertaining basketball as the team gets better with every minute
played. Now if Chauncey would S**t or get off the Pot!! Later.Mike