Re: Keep Billups?

   Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 12:13:11 -0700
   From: Warwick Janetzki <giants@icplus.net.au>

   Theresa Lee wrote:
   > Hey, did you see where Walker is the highest scoring-average second year
   > player in the league with 22?

   Yep, I'm pretty sure hes the one taking the most shots and by a fairly
   big margin too, although its great to see :-)

OK, looking at Doug Smith's Tendex page for this year:

	http://shell.rmi.net/~doug/97-98Tendex.html

Here are the listings of 1996 draft class members who are in the top
20 in their positions, ranked by Tendex.

Even with Walker's low FG%, he is still the most effective all-around,
of all the players from his class.  Note that we have three of these
guys ...

walker,antoine        Bos   20.50 <---
iverson,allen         Phi   20.37
abdur-rahim,shar      Van   18.62
marbury,stephon       Min   17.91
allen,ray             Mil   15.75
wallace,john          Tor   14.79
kittles,kerry         NJN   13.58
bryant,kobe           LAL   13.13
knight,travis         Bos   13.00 <---
ilgauskas,zydrun      Cle   12.04
dampier,erick         GSW   11.21
wright,lorenzen       LAC   11.13
mccarty,walter        Bos   11.13 <---

Camby is not on the list, because he's been injured -- otherwise, his
Tendex is 12.6.  The average of all NBA players is 10.0.

We got a steal with Walker at #6 in 1996 ...

-Andy