Re: Keep Billups?

We forget about Mercer because he has been performing at a level closer to
our expectations.  In business, as is might be in entertainment (this is
what it is BTW), consistency in doing things right sometimes means you
aren't noticed as often, but at least you keep getting the orders.  With
Mercer he keeps getting the PT.

Of course I am happy about the win and Billups overall play, especially in
the crunch, but how is it that a PG plays an entire game like this with
only 1 assist?  That seems almost impossible to me to understand.  I don't
mean to be critical as much as being curious.  Can someone enlighten us all
how the key ball handler can play an a great entire game (MOL) and only
have one assist.  Stockton can score with the best PG's, along with folks
like Peyton, Brandon, Exel, Anderson and the like, but almost always
average at least 5 assists.

Anyway the team won, and maybe I shouldn't concern myself with all the
details.  At least the BB may start talking again about the Boston Celtics
in detail, not just the NBA.

Greg

> From: Theresa Lee <tjoyce@mit.edu>
> To: celtics@igtc.COM
> Subject: Keep Billups?
> Date: Thursday, December 11, 1997 11:35 AM
>
> It's awfully quiet regarding Chauncy today. He had a great game (only one
> bonehead move down the stretch...a 3 ptr. at a bad time and he missed)
and