Re: Anger management

>	It appeares his teammates don't think he's sick.  I still think
>there is
>more to this story than we know.  I AM NOT CONDONING HIS ACTIONS.
>Respectable players were standing by Spre such as Mugsy Bogues.  I have a
>feeling the NBA is in trouble on this one.  They needed to take a little
>more time before they reacted.  It sounds like Spre wasn't given due
>process.  If this is true, Spre will definately not get the punishment he
>deserves.  It will be interesting to see if Spre's teammates tell their
>side of the story.

Sprewell's friends stood by him in a time of trouble.  That is what you
would expect respectable people to do.  I have no reason to believe
Sprewell is a horrible person, and I don't make that judgment because of
one terribly wrong thing he did.  If I were a personal friend of his, I'd
stand with him during this time as well.  It would, however, be no
indication that there was any more to the story than what was told so far,
only that I would support my friend in a time of trouble for him.  So I
think you would be reading too much into nothing, and not enough into what
we know to be true, to assume that there is significant evidence to
challenge what was done.

Also, what COULD there be to this story that would change what should have
been done?  If PJ had attacked him first, or physically threatened him
first.  But this is not true, by all accounts.

Again, this doesn't mean that Sprewell is a bad person, and I'm sorry if
I've given the impression that I think that, which I may have.  It seems
that he may have trouble with anger, and how to deal with it.  But his
actions require the NBA to take the action they did.  He can get help and
pick his career back up, and I hope he does.  But I'd probably prefer
another team take that chance, unless he gets counseling help for his
apparent problem.

Matt