Re: Re: trade time

warwick wrote

If we had to give our #1 up, is Austin the type of player you trade a

lottery pick for?

I have been looking at the ultimate sports magazine list of prospects, and I
have to say there is just garbage out there. The talent drain has finally
hit.  Raef LaFrenz as number one?  I dont want to ever read about another 225
pound center at five either.  There are only one or two players in this
draft.  I say package our pick with a big contract like Dana's for a player
in his final year.  that frees up danas money completely, and helps us jockey
for position.  besides, with the tv money, we will have six to eight million
to spend, not the figure warwick states.  I've had it with the draft anyway.
 I want a proven player for our next building block, and I think Austin might
be that player.  We can't get an all star, but I would be happy with a talent
like Ike, or if he is priced out of it, then maybe a Dale Davis or similiar
brute.  We need a "cop".  Maybe Thomas will develop into one, but it would be
nice to get a shot blocker.  Or how about a scoring three?  Other than
scottie, i mean.