Re: Who would you rather have...?

tom bisson wrote:

> Imagine, if you will, a hoop devil making this proposition to the
> Celtics:
>
> "You have a choice to make. You may take Latrell Sprewell as a player on
> your team OR take P.J. Carlesimo as your coach. You MUST choose one or
> the other. Which will it be?"
>
> What would you do?

I'd take Spree over PJ. PJ has the background to alienate players,
imagine what he could do to Antoine, Ron and the rest of the young
talent. We've also got Pitino who is definitely the best basketball
coach on the planet.

Spree would be a missing piece to be a really top flight team and Rick's
coaching would make Spree realise that he isn't a black hole.

How does this lineup sound:

 C- Ellison   Knight   Rogers
PF- Walker    McCarty  DeClercq   Thomas
SF- Mercer    Bowen    Jones
SG- Sprewell  Brown    Minor
PG- Edney     Billups  Barros

Warwick