Re: Who would you rather have...?

>Imagine, if you will, a hoop devil making this proposition to the
>Celtics:
>
>"You have a choice to make. You may take Latrell Sprewell as a player on
>your team OR take P.J. Carlesimo as your coach. You MUST choose one or
>the other. Which will it be?"
>
>What would you do?
>
>- tom bisson

I'll probably get a lot of flames from this post, but I'm going to say
Spreewell.  My reasoning is this:

    -I'd rather have Pitino as the coach than PJ anyday...that's a given

    -players who have played under Pitino really seem to love and respect him,
    even though he obviously pushes them hard.  I have to think that there's
    something about PJ's coaching that doesn't agree with the NBA players.  As
    far as i know, he didn't have any problems with players at Seton Hall, but
    once he got to the NBA, many players really haven't gotten along with him.
    Pitino is almost the exact opposite - even though he is hard on his
    players, he does it in such a way that many of his players think of him as
    almost a second father.

    -Overall, I don't think that Sprewell would have the same
    problems with Pitino that he did with PJ, and i think that he would help
    the team as a player under Pitino much more than PJ would help the team as
    a coach.

    Jeff Tepper