Trade idea and Spreewell Co

                      Trade idea and Spreewell Contest             12/4/97

Everyone's been ripping trade ideas lately but I thought I would toss one out
anyway.  Knight, Billups, and Barros for Campbell and Fisher.  It couldn't
happen now because of Shaq's injury, but what do they do with Campbell after
he returns?  Del Harris still loves Travis Knight and Billups would be a great
third guard for them.    And it would be a great trade for us because we get a
strong inside presence in Campbell and promising young point guard in Fisher.
This is just an idea I had, not some "rumour" that I heard.

As for the Spreewell thing, I'm sure everyone's heard that the Warriors voided
his contract under the morals clause.  I have to give credit to Gary St. Jean
for doing this.  In an age where a team will sign someone like Lawrence
Phillips after all he's done, it's nice to see someone showing some moral
leadership.  St. Jean is basically saying that standing up for what's right is
more important than winning no matter what the cost.  Even though the Warriors
weren't going anywhere this year, Spreewell was still by far their best
player.  Now they'll get nothing for him, but at least he really is being
punished for his actions.  Trading him away would have sent the message that
what he did was okay.

We should have a contest to guess which team, if any, will sign Spreewell.
Everyone gets one guess.  Just for fun, I'll say the Chicago Bulls.  They're
really hurting without Pippen and need someone to take some of the scoring
pressure off of Jordan.  And they already have Dennis Rodman on the team.  At
first I doubt Spreewell would sign a league minimum contract (which is all the
Bulls can offer), but after no team in the league offers him a multi-year deal
he might follow in Brian Williams' foot steps.

Jeremy