Re: Trade idea and Spreewell Co

Jeremy Warren wrote:

>                       Trade idea and Spreewell Contest             12/4/97
>
> Everyone's been ripping trade ideas lately but I thought I would toss one out
> anyway.  Knight, Billups, and Barros for Campbell and Fisher.  It couldn't
> happen now because of Shaq's injury, but what do they do with Campbell after
> he returns?  Del Harris still loves Travis Knight and Billups would be a great
> third guard for them.    And it would be a great trade for us because we get a
> strong inside presence in Campbell and promising young point guard in Fisher.
> This is just an idea I had, not some "rumour" that I heard.

Good idea. The only problem with this deal would be Elden's contract.
While he would be a fantastic player, $7 mil over 7 seasons is a little
too much for the Celtics to have invested into one player at this time,
we need to have ca$h available to sign another all-star so we've got 4
potential ones (Walker, Mercer, draft pick, free agent).

As for picking a team, I've picked Washington!

Warwick
- --
MZ