The fact is Billups is light years from being a good ballhandler, shooter,
passer, or floor leader.  He could just as likely not learn these skills as he
could learn them.  He looks like he will be a very good defender.  It would be
nice to have a 6'3" pg but he needs to be good.

Stoudamire looks worse than he is because of his team.  Yes he is small but
plays big for his size ( he can finish in traffic as well as billups).  I think
he will be one of the top 5 pgs in basketball for years, especially on a better
team.  It would only work out if he wants to play for boston, otherwise we may
not be able to sign him.  He would make a huge difference to this team.  Isaihs
departure is the only reason he is available.

Billups is certainly the cheaper option, but also the bigger gamble IMO.