Re: Moves

Actually it is not all that uncommon for GMs to call agents for
information and to facilitate trades.  There have been several
situations where the agent has acted as the go between who got a trade
moving.  If an agent represents players on more than one team, the teams
GMs will often look to him for information on other teams intentions for
the other players.  Last season when Rick Fox and David Wessley were
possibly on the trading blocks, a few newspaper stories included tips
from the agents - and the agents do often forward information to GMs and
vice versa - it is in both the agents and the GMs best interest to
communicate - in this case, the agent doesn't want his player to go to
Denver for 2 picks, and the other GMs want a piece of the fire sale.
Standard NBA dealings.

adam