Re: Moves

At 09:33 26-08-97 -0400, Adam A Suchocki wrote:
>The big point of the Williams trade is  not that they got Mills for
>Williams - some of us think Williams is better than Mills, some think
>Mills is better than Willaims.  The point is that Pitino got less than he
>could have - through bad planning and deal making.

Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't the Celts/Pitino take the second round
picks istead of offers of number 1's from Denver and a few other teams
because of having to ink 1st rounders to 3 year guaranteed contracts? I
realize part of it was cap related but I heard the number 2's were asked
for by Pitino. It was on a national radio sports talk show on Sunday when I
heard it. It might just have been the hosts opinion so I guess we should
take it with a grain of salt but it does make sense.
Later.Mike

- --
*Michael J.KingSr.,moderator,rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated*
* newsgroup submission address:   b5mod@deepthot.cary.nc.us   *
* moderator contact address:         rastb5-request@solon.com *
* personal contact address:            kingpin@primenet.com   *
* references on request            RED SOX IN 97 um 98!!      *