Moves

Personally, I don't have a huge problem with the whole Williams deal.
He was not superstar.  They basically traded Williams for Mills and
Edney--why is everyone focusing on the two draft picks???  That was
simply to free up cap room.  Now we have Mills, who works hard, has a
good attitude, is highly durable, and put up impressive numbers in a
very slow-tempo offense.  People are so quick to jump on and off the
bandwagon.  How realistic is it to assume that we would have been able
to attract the superstars through the free agency market in the coming
years.  And even if we got one, we could never afford three.  It's
totally smart then to try to develop two or so from within (Walker and
Mercer, possibly Billups). The other acquisitions are at the least very
solid role players that are a great match for Pitino's system.  Many of
them have an upside that is promising.
Of course we won't be deep in the playoffs next year.  I think Pitino is
doing a great deal with what he has been given and if certain players
step up (as they should based on their draft positions), we could be
right there in two to three years.