Pitino and "lies"

In a recent post, Adam comments on Rick's "lies".  Well the man came to
Boston just before he became the Celtic coach and said he would not be
the coach at Boston, and was not leaving Kentucky.  He was adamant about
it as I recall.  So, should you be surprised that he is playing by the
situational ethics thing we all see everyday.  "Cut of the damn welfare
chislers" says the person earning over $100,000 a year as he fudges on
his tax deductions to wrongfully avoid paying taxes.  What do you expect
when our society readily accepts bald face lies as truth?  Exxon sent
out video tapes praising themselves for cleaning up Prince William
Sound, but they didn't and the Baptist didn't boycott EXXON.  I guess as
long as it is just the environment, then its ok.  I mean that's not
helping gays.

Well, what are you getting to?

The point is that Pitino and the media and our society accepts these
lies as long as it doesn't go too far.  So, either demand accoutability,
or expect this to continue.

On the player issues.  We are taking this thing a little too seriously
and too emotionally.  We all know that Fox was not consistant.  He got
the 10 second call against Charlotte.  One game he is all world and the
next he didn't show up.  I can't comment on Williams as I never saw him
play.  But the comments on his high speed chase and lack of defense say
a lot.  Championships are won with defense, not offence.  Defense and
rebounding.  Why does Chicago put up with Rodman?  Defense and
rebounding.  Is it just luck that two of his three teams have multiple
championships.  Defense and rebounding.

Who on last years team can play defense and rebound that Pitino has
simply let walk away.  I haven't seen any of them that are gone that are
franchise players.  Wesley, Williams and Fox are all good, no question.
But none of them are franchise players.  And I don't see one on this
team that is yet.  From what I have read about Walker and his run ins
with DJ last year, Walker is a problem.  And the question is, how do you
get a group of egotistical, spoiled, selfish children to dedicate
themselves to the work and team play that it takes.  Look at both
Chicago and Utah.  They have tough nosed superstars who lay down the law
and keep the kids in line.  In Boston, we don't got it.

That is why LA can't win right now.  And won't win with Fox or whatever.
They don't have the personality to do it.  Shaq is too much Darryl
Dawkins and not enough Kareem.

Fox, Williams, Conlon, etc are not the answer for this or any other
franchise.  I think it is good that attitudes, like Day, are gone.  It
is just too bad that Rick is not consistent with that enforcement of
getting rid of problems.  I think unless he is "reborn" then Walker will
have to go also.  But, maybe Rick can influence him.   We will see.

- --
Bentz
bocelts@scsn.net

http://www.scsn.net/users/sclaw