Re: Rick Pitino, quickest gun in the East...

It is hard for some of us to realize that the man we thought could
practically be traded straight up for Vin Baker, could only fetch 2 second
rounders. Maybe we could have gotten a first rounder in the 18 - 25 range but
would have had to send him to a backyard rival to do so. The fact is that his
greatest value was in drawing fouls on the opposition - getting them in foul
trouble, much like Max used to do in the old days. Unfortunately he didn't
rebound like a 4 or shoot like a 3 so we all may have overestimated his
value. I doubt Pitino/Wallace gave him away if anyone was willing to ante up
more, unless it was a divisional rival.

Let's face it. Fox, Wesley, Radja, EW, and the rest won 15 games last year!!!

George