Re[2]: garnett

The Bulls and Suns are expected to have huge amounts of room under the
          salary cap next season. It will be similar to the Lakers,
          when they renounced just about all of their roster, traded
          away a couple of good players for second round picks and
          used all that money to sign Shaq to a $120-million contract.
          -- Mark

:           Is Garnett worth $132 million? No. Will he get it, or
:           something close, either from Minnesota or someone else
:           (Phoenix or Chicago)? Absolutely.

I must have this whole salary cap thing completely screwed up, as I'm
obviously missing something here.  How can any team other than
Minn. possibly give Garnett $20+ million a year?  In order to stay under
the cap, they'd have a team of Garnet plus 11 scrubs - hardly going to win
you a division, let alone a championship.  Sure, the T-Wolves can offer
him as much as they want, but I just can't see how he can hit the market
and get such exorbitant offers from anyone else.  Maybe I need some
lessons in capology from Jan Volk.

Anyone?

- - Rob