Re: It's awful quiet out there, C's fanatics...

Chris Littlefield wrote:

> Random thoughts...
>
> Does anyone think that Bobby Phills is worth half again what David Wesley is?

Yes!!! Good leader, great D, can shoot a bit, perfect fit for Hornets

> Does anyone think that if Pitino had foregone spending of any kind before
> the cap went up that he could have signed Brian Williams?

Yes he could have

> Would that have been a good idea?

Definitely not a good idea!!

> Can Mercer play defense in the NBA?

Most definitely so... look for all-d teams in 3rd, 4th seasons

> What is Mercer going to do as a rookie?

Does it really matter as long as he blends in well???

> What's Walker going to do in his second year?
> I think he'll explode!

I think he could be a slight disappointment in his stats, but his game
as a whole will have improved!

> Do people think Billups will be a point guard or a scoring guard?  Can
> Pitino tame his need to shoot?  Make him realize that the players on his
> team now are better than what he had at CO?

Timmy Hardaway Mark II

> I give a 60% chance that 2 of the Massenburg/Declerc/Knight triumvirate
> will surprise C's fans pleasantly.  I think the one disappointment will be
> Knight.  Though of course it's all based on the money he's being paid.  The
> expectations are so much greater.
>
> Who will start on October 31 against the Bulls?
>
> My guess is the following:
>
> Knight
> Walker
> Williams
> Minor
> Brown

Okay my starting five
C- Travis Knight
PF- Antoine Walker
SF- Eric Williams
SG- Dee Brown
PG- Chauncey Billups

> Showcase, then trade, will be the catch-phrase with Dee and Greggie.
>
> How does the Knight/Walker/Declerq/Massenburg front line match up against:
>
> The Knicks:     Ewing/Oakley/LJ   -   Not very well..
>
> Indiana:        Smits/Davis Bros. -   Also, not very well
>
> Orlando:        Seikaly/Grant/Strong - Eh...
>
> Nets:           Williams/Gatling/Van Horn - Hmmmm.
>
> Philly;)        Monstross/Coleman/Williams - Not too bad.
>
> Must run.
>
> Any and all responses welcome.  I am dying for the season preview mags.
> Anyone know when they're coming out?
>
> Latah!
>
> Chris

Warwick