Re: Garnett

Ed Boggess wrote:

> He ranks up                                                                     > there with $haq O'Neal in my mind. Well, close enough anyways. Hopefully the
> NBA develops a good salary cap that will eliminate these problems. Back in
> the old days, you had to be a proven player to even be considered for such
> contracts. But now, you have young immature punks making more than the
> established veterans. Anyways, Go Celts! You're in BeanTown now baby, BeanTown!!
>
> -Bird33
 You are being a little unfair to Shaq, he did after all take his team
all the way into the finals. And he can dominate a game which KG has yet
to show me. The cap is not the problem. The problem is the hype machine
the NBA has become coupled with the owners willingness to pay the big
bucks. After all they just pass on the cost to the fans. Look at last
year's situation with the Sonics and McIlvain(?), they basically paid a
guy to come in and warm up the bench. The amount of money upset team
chemistry. Yet nobody has really showed restraint this year except for
when limited by the cap. KG can't get a better offer from any other team
as it stands now. But will a team dump salary to leave room to make an
offer next summer? I think that somebody will. Again based mostly on
hype produced by the flashy play form clips off of NBA commercials and
sportscenter highlights. As far as the positions he can play. He plays
the 3 sometimes the 4 and even less at the 5. But he can play all three
of them. I would say he is a legitimate 7'1''. The T-wolves and KG
himself downplay his size to avoid matchups with the centers of the
league. If you don't believe it you can alway confirm it next time you
see him in a game and he stand next to another 7 footer.

ART SILVA