Re: Lakers Still Very Interested in Fox

mark piotrowski wrote:

> Why have several places refered to the Celts as having more cap room than
> other teams (here "unlimited").  All we heard for the last 2 years was that
> we had no cap room, then Pitino goes out and signs 4 FA's. Did he use some
> loopholes? Did ML just not know how to play the game of Capology?  What's
> the deal?
>
> mark

With the release of Radja the Celtics were under the Cap. As far as
unlimited spending power that only applied to Fox and Wesley, our own
free agents. But the signing of Knight forced the C's to release the
rights to everybody not under contract. Even now we are still under the
cap I believe but it seems the roster is pretty much set. The space
under the cap does help as far as facilitating trades. Which are still
to come I would think.

Art Silva