Re: Kevin Garnett?

> What do people think about the possibility of trading Antoine Walker to
> the Timberwolves for Kevin Garnett?  Of course, it would mean that the
> Celtics would have to agree to a "megabucks" extension with Garnett, but
> they could probably settle at a number between the $102 million Garnett
> turned down and the $132 million he asked for (from what I heard there
> were no "negotiations" with the Timberwolves, just both sides throwing
out
> numbers).  I'm not sure of the C's are prepared to pay *anyone* that much
> money, but they had better be if they plan on buliding a winner.
>
> >From the Celtics standpoint, Garnett would end up being the only big
> acquisition Pitino could make, as the C's would immediately go over the
> cap, to stay.  However, Garnett is the same age as Walker, but is a
couple
> of inches taller, and a player with more potential.  He is more of a
power
> forward than Antoine, so the Celtics frontcourt would be strengthened,
and
> Eric Williams would be able to claim the small forward spot.  The C's
> could have a starting five of Knight, Garnett, Williams, Mercer and
> Billups.  As for the megabucks, it might not look so expensive anyway, if
> salaries continue to inflate, and the C's will likely have to pay as much
> or more to Walker if they hope to retain his services.
>
> >From the Timberwolves standpoint, instead of losing Garnett after the
year
> is over, they gain another year of flexibility by acquiring a similar
> though less talented player, who might be easier to sign long term.
> Perhaps the C's could sweeten the deal by throwing in a number one draft
> choice, or giving the Timberwolves the right to swap first round choices
> with the Celtics.
>
> I would also be willing to deal other players, but I'm not sure that any
> other deal of interest would make any sense for Minnesota.  Why acquire
> Billups when they have Marbury?  Also, I doubt Mercer would be enough to
> get a deal done.  Walker and Mercer might be giving up too much, and I
> don't see Pitino gutting the Kentucky core of the team.  Also, we are not
> in position to "sweeten" the deal by taking on any useless salaries in
the
> T-wolves have any, and they are certainly not going to take on any of
ours
> (though McHale is supposedly a Dee Brown fan).

You're joking right...  I sure hope so.  I wouldn't trade even trade ML
Carr for that self-centered, greedy, moron of a basketball player, Kevin
Garnett.  He is a joke, and I don't want him in Boston.  Talking about
trading Antoine Walker is just out of the question.  Kevin Garnett is the
greediest bastard I have seen play basketball.  I hope no one pays the
amount he thinks he is worth.  He should be kicked out of the NBA forever
and should have to work in a Burger King and make minimum wage.

      Tim Jordan