Cash, I mean, thems some big bucks.

Is it purely an egotistical standpoint that players take when demanding
their ever increasing salaries? I fail to see many other influential factors
in their decision making processes. Cripes, (he he, I've never actually said
that, but I like typing it, cripes, he he), how do you spend 100 million
dollars? I guess you buy yourself a mansion, say 20 million dollars worth.
You definately give a few hundred thousand to your favourite charity,
claiming that you're the most generous saint in all society, when it's
actually about 2% of your earnings. You buy eight cars, you eat the edges of
thundred dollar dishes and then throw the rest away, because, well... "I'm
not really that hungry anyway." Oh, that's alright Kevin, you can buy
another fifty for dinner. I realise that Garnett has not actually received
any monetary payments of the um... nine figure mark yet, and maybe these are
just the rumblings of a Uni student with a negative income, but cripes, (he
he), why would you ask for that much money? Obviously these players are very
good at what they do, and they provide entertainment to millions of people,
and it's likely some of their salaries goes to buying their mothers out of
poverty, etc., but the ammount of money that's being flung around the pro
sports industry has got way out of hand. The league must intervene and apply
a maximum pay rate or something. I don't have the answers, but somebody
must, I mean, thems big bucks.

Dave Joyce
djoyce@postoffice.utas.edu.au