Re: NBA - land of greed?

Jim McMaster wrote:

> The NBA still has not tapped pay-per-view in a serious way, but that is
> probably their last serious source of cash.  When they make it so only the
> wealthy can afford to see games, the mass fan base will disappear and the
> whole structure will come crashing down.  I will be sorry when that happens,
> but I do not see any other outcome.

Unfortunately the change has already started. Earlier this year I was in
Seattle and noticed that the Kings were in town to play the Sonics but
when I tuned to the station in my hotel room it was scrambled. Well as
it turned out it was on Pay per view. I know the Spurs PPV games too. It
just might be only a matter of time 'til all teams go to this. I agree
that alienation may be the outcome.