I take offense at "announcers" discussion

If anyone thinks Chick Hearn is even beneath poor, they are welcome
to him.

He is an insult. Without any doubt the poorest, more incompetent
idiotic announce I have ever heard. And I have heard many since the
early 1950s.

During the "Dream team", I got a subscription to the commercial
free telecast. The games were great, but Hearn, with his
total incompetence and gross anti-Americanism, made it almost
intolerable. On most of my tapes, I had to turn off the volume,
because he was so bad.

HOW BAD?
He simply annonced as if it was a radio broadcast: "Magic takes
the ball downcoard, dribbles around the key; looks left, hands off
to soandso...." and on and on and on. No relief, except when he
would hope that teams like Ghana would give the US a battle.
Fair? Fuck fair! I remember the gross sell-out in 1970. We WON
that game: twice. It was payback time with the dream team, and Hearn
did his best to take that away from us.

I cannot believe the Lakers and their fans are such idiots that they
think a radio announcer, on TV, is competent. He is a total moron.
Silence was better than Hearn--he also had nothing intelligent
to say about the players, either the Dreamers OR the opposition.

Well, enough flaming for a Monday.

Bob Strauss
strauss@wcu.edu
flames to: hearn@lalakers.com