The Late Great Johnny Most

Cecil Wright wrote:

<<my favorite is still Johnny Most:

"He's fiddles, he diddles", "Sam Jones stops, pops, BANG!"

I used to turn down the sound on the tv and turn up the radio so I could
see for myself how he would exaggerate about the nastiness of the
visiting team.  He used to do a real number on Darryl Dawkins, Elvin
Hayes and of course, Mcfilthy and McNasty, Laimbeer and Mahorn.>>

Johnny ruled.  As much as I miss hearing him, I'm almost glad he didn't
live to see the C's in such a sorry state.  By the way, Mahorn was
McNasty, but Jeff Ruland was McFilthy -- Most was on them from their
days as the Bullets' twin scumbags.  I'm not sure he had a single
epithet for Laimbeer.  One hardly would've been enough.

If you really want to read some great Johnny Most stories, check out
"Unfinished Business" by Jack McCallum (of SI), which is about the
1990-91 Celtics.  Apparently, some of Johnny's broadcast rants weren't
exactly basketball inspired -- one lousy room service meal in Milwaukee
could lead to an entire evening of bad-mouthing Jack Sikma.

Michael Gooen