Announcers/Billups

Sorry to disagree with those of you singing Clyde Frazier's praises, but
 as a New York area resident I've had more than enough of the guy.  It's
almost as if he looks up a long word in the dictionary before each
broadcast and strains to find a way to fit it in.  His vocabulary is as
outrageously wrong as his muttonchop sideburns or his mauve
pinstriped three piece suit with matching fedora and platform shoes.
The rhyming isn't so bad; it's when he uses terms like "precocious
neophyte" that he really gets annoying.  HEY, CLYDE -- ONE CAN'T BE
PRECOCIOUS UNLESS ONE IS A NEOPHYTE.  YOUR SYNTAX IS ABUNDANT AND
REDUNDANT.

On a friendlier note, it's nice to see Chauncey Billups taking some time
for the hometown kids.  Combine that article with Mercer's
hit-the-ground-running attitude at the initial camp, and we have a
couple of guys who are going to be real easy to root for.

Michael Gooen