Re: Draft lottery

There is no role forbidding a team from getting the number one pick two
years in a row.  There is a rule saying you cannot trade away first
round picks in consecutive years, but that's about as close to a
restriction on first round picks as it gets.

On a different topic, has anyone noticed how no one is supporting Peter
May's claim that ML is going to resign as both Director of Player
Personel and Coach.  After quoting his super secret inside source, and
then quoting himself quoting his super secret source (as if he was
another person), May has suddenly gone quiet on the topic.  Not
surpisingly, most of the local sportswriters have come out saying ML is
probably not gone from both roles, but may step down as coach - even
Jacki Macmullen (not a Carr fan) has said she believes ML will be back
in some capacity next year.  ML may not come back, but for now I'm
chalking up his ML is leaving announcement as another one of his made up
stories where he invents an make believe secret source and then spreads
wild speculation to make it look like he knows something that no one
else does.  He's not even the Celtics write for the Globe, but he
occasionally writes Celtic stories with wild claims (secret source says
ML has resigned, secret source says Todd Day will be cut befor start of
'96 season, secret source says there is a trade or Barros for Calbert
Cheaney).  This guy seems to be using Vescey's reporting tactics, and is
right less often than Peter Vescey (hard to believe).

Adam