Bird

 A few comments on Bird and his support of Montross.  If you are
actually
involved with the team, you do not dump negative garbage on young
players.
Eric was signed through the year 3000, so he was going to be here for a

while.  Why would Bird rip one of our own players--PUBLICLY?  He would
have
nothing to gain by it.  All that could come of that would be to
alienate
Montross, and lower his future trade value.  Sure WE can, and do, tear
the
slow footed shmuck down here, but Bird had a responsiblity to the team.
If
Bird did indeed want Jones over Montross, once the decison to pick
Montross
was made, by the Celtic Management team, Bird and anyone else in that
postion, would have to publicly support that decison.

As for Croshere.  Didn't Bird just say he liked to watch him play?
This
could mean any number of things.  It could also be a bit of misdirection
on
his part.  As I recall Larry threw a few no look passes in his day.

Adam Litchy