Re: fans chumps

I agree that being mediocre is not something to be really proud of.  But
fighting your way to the top, and I mean fighting (not just losing to get a
good draft pick) is definitely something to be proud of.  This team does
not have all that bad of players.  If I was a GM I would want Radja,
Wesley, Barros, Fox, Walker, and maybe even Todd Day on my team.  Granted
they are making a lot of dough, but who isn't in today's NBA?  What I am
saying is that a couple of key Free Agent pickups or trades could bring
this team into playoff contention.

Tim

>On Tue, 22 Apr 1997, Nault wrote:
>
>> I have to say, if the celtics "plan" was to purposely suck this season to
>> get a good draft pick I am seriously going to consider ditching this team.
>> I mean they are my favorite team and have been for a long time, but c'mon
>> guys!  Isn't there a matter of pride?!  You have to be as good as you can
>

>Sorry to disappoint you, but it sure looks that way.  Do you really think
>that this team was 18 games worse a team than last years?
>
>As far as pride goes, you are right, shooting for the number #1 pick is
>not something to be proud of, but then again there is little pride in
>being mediocre forever.  I don't want the Celtics to be martyrs.  I will
>swallow my pride this season if I can see us at the top one more time.
>

>Caleb

Nault
rnault@ptialaska.net

Visit the PatriotsPage at: