Re: David Wesley

>Did anyone else watching the game get the feeling Wesley was trying to prove
>something to the Hornets?  Talk around Charlotte (in the Observer and on
>radio) is that they will make a big play for Wesley.  I'm not sure about the
>salary cap situation, but with the unloading of L. Johnson's huge contract,
>and Morning skipping town, I expect they are in pretty good shape.
>
>If the C's don't sign Wesley, they are literally back to square one.  I
>honestly cannot think of but a handful of P.G.'s I would want over him, any
>one of which would cost the C's a fortune, if they are even available.
>
>Wesley is a tough defender, quick, can shoot, can drive, and gives 100%
>every night, and has his best years in front of him.  What could the Celtics
>be thinking if they let this guy go?

I saw the sports report on the N.E. Cable News channel and they
spoke to David Wesley following the C's game last night.

He came right out and said he wants to stay.  As long as we make him
a good offer, I think we will stay.  From a playing standpoint,
we've treated him pretty well since his backup days in N.J..

Can't we re-sign him w/out really affecting our own cap?
(Does his salary slot stay the same since he's not a new signing?)

- - KK

Kerry M. Kee                     kkee@highground.com
HighGround Systems               (508)263-5588 x144
1300 Mass. Ave, Suite 205        (508)263-5565 (fax)
Boxboro, MA 01719-2203