David Wesley

Bill Cooper wrote (clipped)
>wfcooper@tiac.com
>
>P.S.- Mike Gorman mentioned that he was talking to a Hornet official
>and they are very interested in David Wesley as a Free Agent
>acquisition.  Anyone know anything about the Hornet's cap situation?

Did anyone else watching the game get the feeling Wesley was trying to prove
something to the Hornets?  Talk around Charlotte (in the Observer and on
radio) is that they will make a big play for Wesley.  I'm not sure about the
salary cap situation, but with the unloading of L. Johnson's huge contract,
and Morning skipping town, I expect they are in pretty good shape.

If the C's don't sign Wesley, they are literally back to square one.  I
honestly cannot think of but a handful of P.G.'s I would want over him, any
one of which would cost the C's a fortune, if they are even available.

Wesley is a tough defender, quick, can shoot, can drive, and gives 100%
every night, and has his best years in front of him.  What could the Celtics
be thinking if they let this guy go?

Mark Estepp				704 262 3111
Appalachian State University		704 262 2088 (fax)
Esteppjm@AppState.edu