Re: BILL FITCH

> >A good college coach not does not necessarily make a good NBA coach.

This is correct, just as a good NBA player does not always make a good
coach or G.M.  Some of the worst G.M's I can recall were Bill Russell in
Sacramento, & currently Elgin Baylor with the Clippers, Willis Reed with
New Jersey, with Whoa Nellie coming up fast on the outside  !!!!..

> Excellent point. Remember Jerry Tarkanian's 21 game horror with the
Spurs?
> Remember PJ Carlesimo on the hot seat for most of his coaching tenure?

On the hot seat but the blazers are much improved even with some of the
worst attitudes (Robinson, Rider) in the league.

> However, Pitino is an exception. He was an NBA coach, and a successful
one at that. It is known that he would again make a successful NBA coach,
but I