Re: Celtics Draft Choices

> The Celtics must get two big men with their draft choices.  The first
> one is a no brainer.  If a quality big man is not available for thir
> second choice thye should trade it for a number 1 next year and/or for a
> quality big man.  We don't need anymore guards.
>
> As for coach, Pitino did not fare well in N.Y. and probably won't in the
> NBA, leave him at the college level where he is great.
> Phil Jackson is a joke and gets way too much credit for their
> success.  We don't need him and neither do the Bulls.  Give DJ a shot.

As others have stated before sating Pitino did not fare well in N.Y. is
incorrect. He turned a crappy team into Division champs I believe, and left
because the Knicks front office was, and still is, as the Celtics is today,
with too many people calling the shots, and some still living in a
different era.  We need an experienced practitioner who can relate to the
young athletes.  We have had enough former players with little coaching
experience like Ford & Carr.  If we want an ex-player bring in Westphal.

As far as the first pick, it is a no brainer if it is #1, it may be a
different story if it ends up being 3 or 4.

As far as not needing any more guards, don't expect to go anywhere with the
current crop of undersized players who can't consistently hit the outside
jumper. We need to move Barros or Minor, Brown would be preferable but we
probably won't have any takers.