Re: article

At 07:59 AM 4/12/97 -0400, you wrote:
>In referenjce to the article about Pitino, all I want to say is this is sad.
>Gaston has made a Mockery of the Celtics. And ML.Carr's poor organmizational
>skills have hurt the team. If Gaston has half a brain, or even a half a heart,
>he would appoint Bird GM, move ML to President of Promotions, and hopefully
then
>Pitino would come. If he doesn't, I hope the Celtics get a good coach
somewhere.

I'm brand new to this list, so please excuse me if this has been brought up
a million times...

Wouldn't Dennis Johnson make a good coach for the Celts? Seems like he's had
plenty of grooming. I feel that the best choice for the Celts coaching job
would be a former Celtic player, or Rick Pitino.

Pitnio will likely stay put in the bluegrass state. Bird has publicly said
he wouldn't coach the Celtics. McHale is living large in Minnesota these
days. The Celts completely missed a chance on Cowens. Don Nelson is happy
ruining a Mavericks franchise. So how about these possibilities:

DJ
Jerry Sichting
Robert Parish...

Okay, so Parish could coach *and* play for the Celts... :)

|====================================================|
| Jon Michael Hamm 	   JonMichael@Honors.ou.edu  |
|====================================================|
|	 ACTUAL NEWSPAPER HEADLINES BLOOPERS         |
|        * Eye drops off shelf                       |
|        * Miners refuse to work after death         |
|        * Enraged cow injures farmer with ax        |
|        * Hospitals are Sued by 7 Foot Doctors      |
|      Out of my mind.  Back in five minutes.        |

    "I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather....
      Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car...."