Re: LaFrentz v. Foyle

JOzersky@aol.com wrote:

>Im not impressed with Raef Lafrentz at all.  The guy will obviously be a role
>player in the NBA.  Whereas Foyle is at worst a question mark -- you cant
>just blow off his incredible stats at Colgate, his incredible strength and
>timing, and his ability to score over triple teams. Remember, inferior
>competition or not, not every big guy can do that.  I suspect that at the
>Chicago camp or at least in workouts, teams will be droolinng over foyle

I agree with you that Foyle is a better pick than LaFrentz, but let me warn
you that Foyle's ability to score over triple teams (or even double teams) is
not as good as everyone thinks.  He has a very hard time scoring over more
than one defender unless the refs call a foul  (in which case his .500 FT%
takes over).  He's at his best when he can go one on one in the post and use
his athleticism to get around or over the defender.  But he will not be doube
and triple teamed nearly as much in the NBA as he was in college so that's not
something to worry about right away.

Jeff