Re: 1996-1997 NBA Awards

> > ROY: Allen Iverson (as much as I hate to admit it)
>
> Maybe Marbury will get it.  He deserves it more because he is on a team
> with some talent and still does well (ie he is not just padding numbers
> out there)

This seems like a small distinction.  Both are good, Iverson better.

> > Coach: Danny Ainge (from 0-13 to playoffs)

Have to disagree here.  Dave Cowens.  Did anyone think the Hornets could
win 50 games?  Truly remarkable.  For the Suns, it wasn't so amazing they
arew making the playoffs.  It was amazing they were 0-13.

> > 6th Man: John Starks (lights a fire when they need it)
>
> No opinion
>
> > Exec.: Pat Riley (even with the Juwan thing)
>
> Knicks GM for getting LJ, Childs and Houston.

Did this improve the Knicks?  Not clear to me.  Go with Riley.

> > All NBA:
> > 1st team           2nd team          3rd team
> > T. Hardaway        K. Johnson        G. Payton
> > M. Jordan          E. Jones          S. Smith
> > G. Hill            G. Rice           S. Pippen
> > K. Malone          T. Gugliotta      A. Mason
> > P. Ewing           H. Olajuwon       D. Schayes (hah!)

No doubt in my mind Hardaway is 1st team and I think Mason is 2nd team.
He is a remarkable player, able to do so many things and the key to the Hornets
success (along with Rice's shooting).

Fred