The second round pick

	One thing we haven't discussed very much is the second round pick.
It looks to be the 30th pick in the draft.  And I think if the C's do
their homework (ie bring in 10 to 15 guys who may be available), I think
we could get a solid role player.  Before I said that Woolridge would be a
great pick, but now I doubt he'll slip past 20.  What do people think of
Reggie Freeman of Texas?  Especially Bentz, what are your impressions of
him?  From what I've seen of him he seems to do everything pretty well and
would be a small step up from Greg Minor.

	Or if we go small with the Dallas pick, we should look at guys
like Alexander Koul of GW (did he fall out of the top 50?) and Lawson of
Villanova.  My wishfully optimistic second round big guy would be Kelvin
Cato.  Maybe we should also consider Austin Croshiere, he seems to have a
lot of upside for a secound round pick.

	Here's an open ended question for everyone:  Assuming that the
Dallas pick is 6th or 7th and Battie is gone, would you take LaFrenz over
Foyal?  (I would.)  Another possibility is that Denver would trade down to
pick Billups.  How much do you give up to move from 6th or 7th to 3rd or
4th?  They would probably ask for next year's first rounder.  And we in
turn would ask for lottery protection.  The problem is, I don't see any
players we have (outside of Walker) that they would be interested in.

Just for fun, here's my outlook on how the top 13 picks in the
draft will fall (4/9/97):
1. Tim Duncan C
2. Ron Mercer G-F
3. Tony Battie F