RE: What is going on with Pitino?

Basically Pitino is a person who seems to have a hard time making up his =
mind about a lot of things, but the statements he have made about =
staying at Ky. this year are probably stronger than any he has ever =
made.  Look at the Derek Anderson situation.  He went on his radio show =
and said DA would play, working an entire state into a frenzy.  Then the =
next day he said he wouldn't play.  Even after this there were few =
negative comments by Ky. fans toward Pitino. I think he knows he =
couldn't have done that in the NBA.  Also, supposedly the deal with the =
Magic getting Brian Hill fired and Calipari's problems with the Nets =
have impacted him.=20

There are a few articles about what Pitino and what he has told =
potential recruits at:
http://www.kentuckyconnect.com/kyhoops/index.htm

The whole Pitino thing has me stumped. The Bird thing, to me, isn't so
confusing. Bird feels he deserves being in charge of the Celtics so he =
would
only take that job for the Celts. He really wants to get into the action =
he is willing to go elsewhere and possibly coach if he has too. The =
Pitino
thing is confusing. He says he would be in Boston right now if the
organization was cleaned up and  then now he says Gaston is great after =
he
researched him. He now says is going to stay at Kentucky forever. How =
can he
ever leave after what he said about Lou Holtz and Calipari? He now has =
retire at Kentucky or somehow claim that the school is screwing him =
around.
He hasn't been offered the Celts job and only be asked if he was =
interested.
I wish I knew what was really going on. Remember when we thought we had =
Coach
K lined up to only have to settle for Chris Ford? Now who will we have =
settle for????