M.L. Carr

Just wanted to say that lots of things have been posted about Carr lately,
some of them not to pleasant.  However one feels about his coaching ability,
we should remember a couple of things:

- - This team has been decimated by injuries.  Any coach I can think of would
not have gotten 20 wins out of this team.

- - They have played very hard in all but a couple of games.  I say this
having watched almost every one of them.  Carr has to receive some credit
for keeping them up for each game.

- - There has ben improvement in 3 key players, Walker, Williams, and Wesley.
Maybe he doesn't deserve any credit there, and maybe he does.

- - Carr is a very intelligent, very classy guy with a great deal of pride in
himself and his abilities.  He may have, intentionally or not, done what is
necessary to keep this team from being like so many teams in the NBA, i.e.
always good enough to win 40 games and get in the playoffs, never good
enough to win in the playoffs.

Mark Estepp				704 262 3111
Appalachian State University		704 262 2088 (fax)
Esteppjm@AppState.edu