Re: Sports Xtra.

Selling the celtics is entirely inline with gaston thinking.  Over the
past three years gaston has bought out all voting partnership shares.
All that's left are my limited partnership shares which are non
voting.  these are the shares of the limited partnership sold on the
NYSE at $23.50 a share.

Having bought everybody out at a low price, gaston now brings in Bird,
Pitino, Duncan and a future.  The company is now worth more than it
was two years ago.  Gaston is in an excellent position to sell.  The
question is at what price and when?  He says he's in to the celtics
for long term.  That's why he asked for his bonus to be paid in celtic
stock rather than cash.  I think it's cause he knows he can make a
bundle selling the celts.

Remember, this is the guy who said he stands behind ML, then gives
Bird the ok to go behind ML's back and talk to pitino.

Gastons are about money, money and more money.  Hey could care less
about the game.=20

Now, if i can just figure out a way to raise enough cash.....

On Mon, 7 Apr 1997 22:03:38 -0400, you expressed these thoughts:

>Jean Lavanchy said that Paul Gaston has been "disappeared" from Celtics =
games. Although
>he is saying that he won't sell the team, Jackie also said, depending on
>draft luck, with Tim Duncan, Pinito as GM, Larry Bird as coach will make
>the team attractive and Gaston might sell it. Anyone think so?
>
>Your opinions please..
>
>Ritesh Ramani

The Boston Celtics will hang banner #17 in the FleetCenter by 2001!
You Can't Keep A Good Leprechaun Down forever...
http://www.tiac.net/users/ChomS/celtics.html

With the #1 Pick, the Boston Celtics Select....  Tim Duncan!