Re: trade

Christopher R. Gee wrote:

>A question for everyone:  We've all talked about getting Duncan, but there
>is a chance we won't get the number one.  If we don't get the number one,
>there are a lot of ways the picks could fall, but for example, say #3 and
>5.  This is one case, but say it happens, would anyone be willing to trade
>both picks for Duncan.  Obviously we would try trading one pick and say
>Radja or Williams but if the team with the number one insisted on both
>picks would you go for it, or stick with picking say Van Horn/Battie or
>other similar situations.

This depends on a lot of things.  Right now, I don't think that any team that
actually needs a center would trade Duncan (although if Battie or Foyle look
very impressive at the pre-draft camps then this may change the story a
little), so we'd have to hope for a team that doesn't need a center to get the
#1 pick.  Then we'd have to see where our picks fall and what the #1 pick team
needs, and whether or not we could unload some of our current guys that don't
fit into the C's long term future into the deal.

Jeff