Re: the plot thickens (Bird, Pitino, etc.)

damekmo@teleport.com wrote:

> Mishra wrote:
>
> >Larry Bird is enthusiastic, willing and feels deeply about the C's,  maybe he
> >will make a some mistakes because he doesn't have the experience but I am
> >willing give my vote for the captains job. - Mishra
>
> "Maybe he will make some mistakes because he doesn't have the experience"
>
> That's just what everybody said when ML got the job....right? If I remember
> correctly, not really. So what mistakes are we all going to let Larry make
> before we start calling him "bozo" and "idiot."
>
> Paul M.

Friends,

I cannot conceive of a "basketball" mistake that Larry will make. Let me
put it another way. Larry needs only bring to the table the ame
dedication and tenacious desire to succeed and it will happen. Nobody
predicted that for ML. He remains a nice guy who should be in community
relations where he can do good things in the name of the team.
Professional basketball should be run by people who know the game. Does
anyone doubt that Larry knows the game?  One more thought - Does anyone
doubt that if Larry is not up to the task, he will disengage himself for
the better of the team?

Right. I knew you would say that.