Ainge, Max, and Reggie

Fellow Celtics Fans --
     I have recently acquired several dozen videos of Celtics games from the
1982-1986 years -- a great era for the Celtics.  These Celtics teams are a
pleasure to watch and as I enjoyed these games, I found myself wondering why
the numbers of Danny Ainge and Cedric Maxwell have not been raised to the
rafters by the Celtics.
     Although neither player finished his career in Boston, both Danny and
Max were key members of the team approximately 7 years each, and they each
played important roles on two championship teams (Max '81 and '84, Danny '84
and '86).
     Now this is in no way meant to belittle the accomplishments of the
great Reggie Lewis -- I loved Reggie and his number is up in the rafters,
where it belongs.  But if you compare the contributions of Max and Ainge to
those of Reggie, I think it can be argued that #31 and #44 belong up in the
rafters along with those of the other Celtics greats.

Ed