Re: Pitno, Bird, Future

WOW, has anyone seen the article in todays Boston Globe? It says Bird has been
contacting Pitino on a regular basis about coaching the C's. And get this, Bird
was doing it at the request of Gaston. That says to me that ML's fate is clear.
Yesterday I got on here and said I would like to see ML get another shot next
year at coaching. Let me reitterate, only if a front line coach like Pitinom
can't be had. I personally feel that Pitino is going to take the job. His wife
loves Boston, and we all know how influencial women can be!!!! Say Pitino takes
the job, and Bird becomes the GM. ML moves up stairs into a cushy role as a
reward for taking heat while rebuilding. The Celtics go into the draft with the
first and 6th pick. With the first pick we take DUNCAN. With the second we go
out on a limb and take....................DEREK ANDERSON!!! Yes, Derek Anderson.
I really believe that Pitino isn't talking about the C's job becuase ML is still
there, and he is waiting for Bird to take over before he comes aboard. Pitino
held Anderson out of games at the end of the year so that he can turn around and
draft him.
     With Bird at GM, and Pitino coaching, and ML in a swivel chair along with
Gaston, the Celtics resign Wesley, and let Day, Lister, Szabo, Hamer,  Hawkins,
and yes FOX go. Fox needs to go for the reason, there is no place for him at
small forward or shooting guard if we draft Anderson.

So next season we go in looking like this:

STARTERS:          BENCH:

Duncan C          Ellison
Radja  PF         Conlon
Walker SF         Williams/Minor
Anderson SG       Barros/Minor
Wesley PG         Dee Brown

The last spot could go to oursecond round pick, or a free agent. And the besrt
thing is, we are under the cap, and Ellison, Radja, Barros, and Brown's
contracts all end in the comming years. Well, what do you all think. How great
would it be? The C's are on the rise. Lets kick back and enjoy!

- -Derek-