Re: Pitno, Bird, Future

showermd@joker.lsc.vsc.edu wrote:

not certain why Anderson is so high up ... it seems that Walker could be
an excellent slashing #3 with the ability to spell at #4.  Duncan while
probably capable at #5 would have a much smoother transition at #4.  It
seems that the Dallas pick would still be best served with the best
interior defender available at #5 or #4.  Wesley and Fox at #1 and #2
makes a lot of sense given their great theft abilities.  A team with
VERY strong theft potential in the front court AND strong interior
defense is a team that can run.  We will obviously need half court
offense but it seems that Duncan, Walker and the #5 (from Dallas pick)
would provide us with significant inside presence along with quickness
and Wesley and Fox would not be exactly bad out front.  Fox could even
post on some of the #2's in the league.  With Williams as sixth man and
Fox's ability to also shift to #3, this small group would be able to
provide an incredibly flexible lineup for Pitino and Bird to work with.
BUT the biggest hole to fill is interior defense and Duncan while a
great addition may not be enough.  With Great interior defense the
Celtics can move back up where they belong.  We won't have to look at
merely "point differential" anymore.  Rather, we'll be able to look at
some W's in the win column.

david